This is an early glass candy container that depicts an early locomotive. There are two windows in the cab on both sides. The roof of the cab is over sized. The stack has a cap on it. There are three domes behind the stack. There is another rectangular stack in front of the capped stack. The bottom is open and is not sectioned off. This bottom has four grooves on each side to accommodate the four wheels and their axles that are not present.
Material: Vintage Glass and Tin Closure
Colors: Clear Glass (although it has grayed a bit over the years); Metal Gray for the Closure
Who Created: Jeannette Glass Co
Where Created: Jeannette, PA, USA
Markings: On one side, under the running board is a very faint “PAT APLD FOR” with no periods. On this same side are the numbers “888” under the two windows of the cab. On the other side, under the running board is a very very faint “JE”, then a faint “NT GLASS CO” with no periods. On this same side are the same numbers “888” under the two windows of the cab. The “888” numbers are not faint on either side.
Approximate Production Date: 1915 to 1916
Approximate dimensions in inches: 2 1/16 tall at roof to base x 5 long from roof cab to cow catcher x 15/16 across at base x 1 7/16 across at roof
Condition: Used Antique Condition.
- There are no tin wheels – that is obvious.
- The tin closure is present. It was used to hold in the candy, as well as, hold in the tin wheels and axles.
- There are three chips on the cab roof: Two smaller chips on the front of the cab roof corners and one large one in one corner on the underside of the cab - that goes from the corner to the center of the cab in the rear (once again, on the underside.)
- There are lots of stretchmarks and straw marks in this glass. I know that this is the character of this old glass and does not affect its condition, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
- The glass is wavy; that is especially apparent on the roof.
- There is a slight stress crack on the PAT APLD FOR side. If you run your fingers over it, you can feel it.
- What it doesn’t have is chips on the cow catcher. Pretty amazing! Because these trains seem to ALWAYS have chips on the cowcatcher.
- The train is a little dirty. I mean, I dusted it off, but did not clean it. Some of these candy containers I clean and some I do not. This is one that I did not.
- All in all. It is apparent that this little train was obviously played with and enjoyed, but in much better condition than you would expect. I took plenty of pics. Please look at them and please use the zoom.
I ship using USPS or UPS - whichever is QUICK and least expensive.
Winnie will not be included in your package; he was present simply to be used as a prop - that is to prop up the slide.
You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
Re: Eikelberner George and Agadjaian Serge
At Memory Lane vica ea485 Winnie the Pooh AtMemoryLane
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. I ship via USPS or UPS, whichever is least expensive and quickest. I refund shipping overages paid by you.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.
No. There is no need for me to operate my shop like that. My items are already priced fairly.
No. Sorry, but I do not inflate my prices to begin with so there is no need to discount them.