Here, we have a candy store treat. These were sold in little Ma and Pa shops "back in the day".
These vintage figural clear glass containers started out as candy containers. They then would become salt and pepper shakers. But they were never used as shakers. They stopped their journey as soon as the candy was eaten.
Material: Vintage Pressed Glass Bottle, Metal Caps, and Paper Insert to Caps
Colors: Clear Glass, Red and White Cap, and Blue and Tan Cap
Approximate Creation Date Guesstimate: 1940s to 1960s
Creator: T H Stough Co, Jeannette, PA
Approximate Dimensions in Inches: 3 5/8 tall x 2 3/8 long x 1 11/16 wide
Approximate Diameter of Mouth in Inches: 9/16
Bottom Marks on BOTH Glass Bottles: The number “5” and “T.H.STOUGH CO. / JEANNETTE PA.”
Condition: Good Vintage Condition
- Both screw tops have some deterioration on the tops and sides of the metal. Not bad tho. But it is still present. The insides of the caps are in excellent condition and show no or little wear.
- The paper insert inside the caps does not look it was ever removed. It appears that these doggies were never actually used as salt and pepper shakers.
- The glass condition is as it was formed. There is rust on one of the screw tops – the blue one. There are no repairs, chips, cracks, or hairline fractures to the glass.
- Please note that it does not appear that these two shakers started out as a set. I say this because the blue cap has gold tone metal showing at its base, whereas the red cap has white showing at its base. So, I believe, they got married after the fact.
You will receive this exact set of two hound dogs with their red and blue caps.
I ship using USPS or UPS - whichever is QUICK and least expensive.
• You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
At Memory Lane Ucta dh36ns AtMemoryLane
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. I ship via USPS or UPS, whichever is least expensive and quickest. I refund shipping overages paid by you.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.
If you are making a purchase as a Christmas gift, you may want to shop early. I will be taking a couple of weeks off the end of November for Thanksgiving. This applies to the etsy store - AtMemoryLane.store - as well as my stand alone shop - AtMememoryLane.shop.