This vintage candy container has a clear glass body. The exterior of the glass bottle has raised lines that are swirled and the top is open so that the children could access the candy.
Patent Holder: J H Millstein Co of Jeannette, PA
Patent Number: 2,490,368
Patent Date: Filed Apr 14 1947, Approved Dec 06 1949
Material: Vintage Glass and Vintage Plastic
Colors: Glass is Clear, Plastic is Yellow, Candy is Muted Various Colors
Marked on Base Bottom on the Plastic:
- MFG BY J. H. MILLSTEIN CO. JEANNETTE, PA. PAT APP FOR
- PEI in a shield
- The Number “8” is located above the shield
Sticker Reads: HORN O’ CANDY / Ingredients - Nuts, / sugar, starch, certified colors, / and artificial flavors. / Net Weight 1 Oz. / Mfg. by: J.H. / Millstein Co. / Jeannette, Pa.
Approximate Dimensions in Inches: 7 high x 3 1/4 (at the base)
Approximate Dates of Manufacture: 1947 - 9
Condition: Very Good Condition
- This candy container is complete and it works. I know this because I used my computer vacuum to blow into it and it sang.
- In addition to the container, there is also the original sticker and candy. (Although I would not attempt to eat it.)
- There are no chips, hairline fractures, or repairs on the entire glass or the plastic.
- The candy has degraded and is much lighter in color than it originally was.
- There is a slight discoloration to the plastic base on the front. It is just left of the center. I assume it is from the candy. I quickly tried to clean this off with cold water, but it did nothing. You should be able to see it as I did not try to strategically avoid it while taking the pictures.
I ship using USPS or UPS - whichever is QUICK and least expensive.
• You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
Re: Eikelberner George and Agadjaian Serge
At Memory Lane uata ea311 AtMemoryLane
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. I ship via USPS or UPS, whichever is least expensive and quickest. I refund shipping overages paid by you.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.
If you are making a purchase as a Christmas gift, you may want to shop early. I will be taking a couple of weeks off the end of November for Thanksgiving. This applies to the etsy store - AtMemoryLane.store - as well as my stand alone shop - AtMememoryLane.shop.