This four piece dresser set is comprised of two vanity bottles, known as the leaf bottle, and two stoppers. These old perfume bottles have a bulb shape, which is swirled, and then has a leaf design. The design is very detailed and is that of large leaves arising from the base of the bottles. The stoppers are not original to the bottles. Many times the stoppers are interchanged on these bottles and that is the case in this instance.
Sometimes these type of old bottles are referred to as vanity, perfume, cologne, barber or dresser bottles or decanters.
Material: Milk Glass
Colors: White Milk Glass, known as Opal or Opaline
Bottle Height: 8 Inches
Bottle Width: 5 Inches
Stopper Length: 4 1/2 Inches
Stopper Width: 1 1/2 Inches
Height when Stoppers are on the Bottles: 10 3/4 Inches
When Created: About the 1895 - 1905
Maker: Mt Washington
Pattern Number: 2371, commonly referred to as “The Leaf Bottle”
Where Made: New Bedford, MA, USA
Bottom Mark: None
Glass Condition: Excellent. Free of cracks, chips, hairline fractures, or repairs. It is as it was formed. Which means there are imperfections of the period. (a) One of the stoppers has an indent on the bottom end that was created when the glass was still in the molten stage. (b) In addition, this same stopper was not “sawed off” in a straight line, but rather, at an angle.
Paint Condition: Poor. The cold applied paint looks as it should for something that has been used for quite some time. That is to say, most of it is gone on both bottles and both stoppers.
You are purchasing this 4 piece antique milk glass vanity set: 2 bottles and 2 stoppers.
Re1: Mt Washington Art Glass…; Sisk, Betty B; 2003; Pg 138
Re2: Mt Washington & Pairpoint Glass; Wilson, Kenneth M; 2005. Pg 301 & 314.
• The system does not allow us to list UPS as an alternative. If you prefer UPS over USPS, please let me know at time of purchase in the "add an optional note to seller" section. Simply state "I prefer UPS" or something similar. Please ensure that your profile includes a street address. If it does not, your item will not be shipped UPS even if you state “I prefer UPS”.
• If you want me to use the UPS only if it is cheaper ($1.00 or more), please indicate this in the “add an optional note to seller” section when purchasing. Simply state "Use UPS if cheaper" or something similar. I will reimburse any shipping overage that you paid. Once again, please ensure that your profile includes a street address. If it does not, your item will not be shipped UPS even if you state “use UPS if cheaper”.
• You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
At Memory Lane qLka AtMemoryLane
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. I ship via USPS or UPS, whichever is least expensive and quickest. I refund shipping overages paid by you.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.
If you are making a purchase as a Christmas gift, you may want to shop early. I will be taking a couple of weeks off the end of November for Thanksgiving. This applies to the etsy store - AtMemoryLane.store - as well as my stand alone shop - AtMememoryLane.shop.