This vintage glass candy container is a miniature wheel barrow with handles and two back feet. It features an open top. There is a definite groove in the front of the wheel barrow to accommodate this tin closure, as well as, a knob on the back of the wheel barrow. The tin closure clips into these two spots. The construction was to mimic a wooden wheel barrow. The two piece tin wheel is held on by a cotter pin. The wheel and cotter pin are placed on two front brackets; they support the wheel very well, since they are of a heavy glass. In fact, this wheel barrow is created in a heavy glass altogether; maybe that is why it is in such good condition. The tin wheel is movable.
Material: Vintage Pressed Glass, Metal (Tin) Wheel, Metal Cotter Pin, Metal (Tin) Closure
Colors: Clear Glass, Wood Brown (almost orange) Wheel, Copper Brown Colored Cotter Pin. The top of the closure is red; the inside of the closure is metal gray.
Approximate Creation Dates: 1929 - 1930
Who Made: Avor of Jeannette PA USA
Approximate Dimensions in Inches: 2 1/4 tall x 6 1/16 long x 2 1/4 wide at the handles Wheel is 1 1/2 diameter and 5/16 thick.
Print on the Bottom: AVOR. 1 1/8 OZ. / V. G. CO. / JENET, PA. / U. S. A. (Please note that the “S” is backwards.
Condition: Used Vintage and Played With Condition.
- As the wheel is pointing to the left as you are looking at the wheel barrow, there is a hairline fracture on the side. There is also a straw mark on this same side. (Please look at pictures 1, 5, and 7.)
- As you are looking at the front of the wheel barrow and the wheel is in the front (picture 6), there are several flea bites on the front of the wheel barrow ledge - on the oustide ledge. In addition, there is a small chip on the inside of the ledge also located on the front of the wheel barrow. There are also minor fleabites on the bracket holding the pin.
- As the wheel is pointing to the right as you are looking at the wheel barrow (picture 3), there are small chips on the wood panel going up and down. There is another chip on the side panel that you should be able to easily see.
- The replaced cover is in excellent condition as it was created. I did not replace this cover. This is how I received it.
- The tin wheel moves easily around. It has no dents, but it is a faded brown or tan.
- There are strawmarks and small bubbles thru out the glass.
I ship using USPS or UPS - whichever is least expensive and quicker.
You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
Re: Eikelberner George and Agadjaian Serge
At Memory Lane vLca ea 832 b AtMemoryLane
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. I ship via USPS or UPS, whichever is least expensive and quickest. I refund shipping overages paid by you.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.
If you are making a purchase as a Christmas gift, you may want to shop early. I will be taking a couple of weeks off the end of November for Thanksgiving. This applies to the etsy store - AtMemoryLane.store - as well as my stand alone shop - AtMememoryLane.shop.