Material: Plastic phone, tiny bit of cotton cord, cardboard closure, and candy inside (Yuck!)
Colors: Red phone and print on closure, black receiver, faded red cord, yellowed closure, and navy blue print on closure
Approximate Creation Date: 1951 - 56
Designer: Jacob H Millstein
Possible Producer: Marienville Glass Co
Patent Number: 2379981
Patent Applied: 07/05/1944
Patent Approval Date: 07/05/45
Approximate Dimensions in Inches: 4 deep x 2 13/16 wide x 2 7/8 high; Receiver: 5 1/8 long x 1 9/16 wide
Embossed Printing Right Below the Coin Slot: “PAT.NO.2379981”
Embossed Printing on the Rear: “MFG. J. H. MILLSTEIN CO. / JEANNETTE, PA.
Embossed Printing in Ear Piece: “J H MILLSTEIN CO JEANNETTE PA”
Embossed Printing in Mouth Piece: Nothing
Embossed Printing in Cradle going from Ear Piece to Mouth Piece: The number “2”, as well as a keystone with the letter “P” over the letter “E”. At least, that is what it looks like to me.
Cardboard Print: “ToT TELEPHONE / THE CANDY CONTAINED IN THIS TELEPHONE / IS PRODUCED BY THE FINEST CANDY / MAKERS IN THIS COUNTRY. YOU CAN BE / ASSURED THAT ITS CONTENTS CONFORM / TO THE FEDERAL PURE FOOD LAWS AND / REGULATIONS. INCREDIENTS: SUGAR, CORN / SYRUP, CORN STARCH, CREAM OF TARTER, / CITRIC ACID, VEGETABLE OIL, / U. S. CERTIFIED COLORS, / NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS / WT. 1 OZ. / MANUFACTURED & DISTRIBUTED / BY / J. H. Millstein Co. / Jeannette, Pa. / PLEASE NOTE – RE – INSERT THIS CAP / AFTER CONTENTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED / PATENTED #2,379,981 / PULL THIS CORD TO OPEN” [Please note that in the word “INGREDIENTS” that the letter “g” is replaced with a “c”. I have no idea why? Unless the print simply has faded. Also note that tartar is spelled "tarter".
Condition: Very Used Vintage Condition.
- The printed dial is not present.
- The receiver has minor scratches on it. It also was near heat. You can tell this because of the dulling that is on th exterior of the cradle near the mouth piece (the round piece that does not have the cord going through it).
- The phone also appears to have heat damage around the base in the rear under the printing, as well as, the left front corner. There is also minor scratches to the plastic
- The closure has faded.
- The candy is in one great big clump under the cardboard closure. I did not remove the closure as I did not want to create any damage to the closure, but you can feel that the candy is simply one big clump. There is no rattling what so ever.
- There is no chips to the plastic.
- The cord is almost non-existent. It measures a whopping ¾ of an inch.
Re: Douglas Dezso, J Leon Poirier, and Rose Poirier. [Please take note that this phone is not exactly described in either of their varieties – a or b.]
• If you prefer UPS over USPS, please let me know at time of purchase in the "add an optional note to seller" section. Simply state "I prefer UPS" or something similar. Please ensure that your profile includes a street address. If it does not, your item will not be shipped UPS even if you state “I prefer UPS”.
• If you want me to use the UPS only if it is cheaper ($1.00 or more), please indicate this in the “add an optional note to seller” section when purchasing. Simply state "Use UPS if cheaper" or something similar. I will reimburse any shipping overage that you paid. Once again, please ensure that your profile includes a street address. If it does not, your item will not be shipped UPS even if you state “use UPS if cheaper”.
• You are currently AtMemoryLane.shop. You will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item. This 4.4% will be refunded after purchase. The 4.4% applies to all items – including those that are on sale.
At Memory Lane Ufwa dpp233 AtMemoryLane
I expect to be paid at time of purchase.
I ship to the United States of America (all 50 of them), APOs, FPOs, DPOs, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, American Samoa, The Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam.
Your package is important to you AND me.
I ALWAYS reimburse you if the shipping is less than estimated by the Etsy calculator.
I NEVER request additional funds if the shipping is more than estimated.
If payment is received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time, then the package will usually be in the mail the NEXT day. [I end my work day about 9:00 PM.]
I normally ship within one business day of payment and I usually ship SIX days a week. I live in a small town, so my post office is normally only open 29 hours per week. I don't have a problem working around their tight schedule.
Once again - your package is IMPORTANT, not only to you, but also to me.
© Copyright 2014 by AtMemoryLane All Rights Reserved.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 1 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
In order to receive a full refund of item price, original shipping, and handling fees, then simply return the item and provide a tracking number within eight calendar days of receiving the item. Please note that the tracking number must also be provided within eight calendar days. (I know that in the above section, it says to return within 7 days...but I had no choice but to pick a "canned response". I accept returns mailed within 8 calendar days.)
The return shipping will be paid by you, the buyer.
© Copyright 2014 by AtMemoryLane All Rights Reserved.
AtMemoryLane is located in the USA. I sell to the 50 US states, as well as, the US Territories and United States DPOs, APOs, and FPOs.
Information retained by AtMemoryLane includes the information that is part of an electronic sale. This sale could be in the Etsy marketplace at my shop, called AtMemoryLane, or it could be in my Etsy pattern shop, also called AtMemoryLane. The information that is included is information that has been provided by the buyer – which is their name and address. Additionally, any messages sent to the seller via the Etsy conversation system will also be retained on the Etsy site. None of this information is used for any type of marketing, spamming, or solicitation on my part. (And I will not be sending you a Christmas card either.) The information is and was used exclusively for your transaction. The financial information (credit card info) is not provided to the sellers on Etsy so there is nothing to worry about there. Contact information (your name and address) is used exclusively to contact you regarding the items you purchased (if need be), to fulfill your order, and if necessary for legal reasons (for instance for tax purposes). We, Etsy sellers, do not have access to your billing address if it is different from your mailing address. As noted above, Etsy is the only one that even has access to that information; sellers on Etsy do not.
I may use any photos that you might share with me for promotional or selling purposes.
Thank you for reading this.
All orders received by 8:00 PM Eastern Time are processed (mailed) the next day. I usually drop off packages at the post office in the morning six days a week; I normally drop off packages to the UPS drop off point in the afternoon five days a week.
- Etsy does not have a system where we can list UPS as an alternative. If you prefer UPS over USPS, please let me know at time of purchase in the "remarks to the seller" section. Simply state "I prefer UPS" or something similar.
- If you want me to use the UPS only if it is cheaper ($1.00 or more), please indicate this in the remarks to the seller section when purchasing. Simply state "Use UPS if cheaper" or something similar. I will reimburse you shipping overage that you paid.
If the shipping calculation is over by more than 50 cents, I will reimburse you. Yup, I will reimburse you 50 cents.
If the shipping calculator is under by any amount, you will not know about it; that is, I will not request that you make any further payment because of an error of mine, the calculator, or the system.
My normal hours seven days a week are 1:00 - 9:00 PM. I answer questions within two hours during this time.
On my off hours, I will normally return your question as soon as I open up for the day.
I do not operate with any smart devices - only dumb ones, as they simply do not work in dead zones, so I periodically throughout my day check the old desktop.
1. You, the buyer, shall ensure the items are received by me in the SAME condition in which you received it. You are not required to use the original packaging and box. Feel free to use your own if you so desire
2. In addition, please provide me, via a convo, the tracking number within one eight calendar days of receiving the item.
Returns can be made for any reason whatsoever. You will receive the original cost of the item and the original shipping. I do not charge a bogus restocking fee. Be aware that the cost to return the item (shipping) will not be reimbursed to you.
As you may or may not be aware, shipping insurance benefits the seller. I normally pay for the insurance, if any. The only time, you (the buyer) would pay for the insurance is if YOU request it.
I do not normally buy additional insurance as I tend to pack for a nuclear blast...or, at least, for war.
NO, I am sorry. I do not.
I do, however, encourage you to shop around. In many of my listings, I leave a reference at the bottom of the description to assist you in your research. This way, you will be able to compare apples with apples.
--- I usually have a larger selection of items in my stand alone shop - AtMemoryLane.shop.
---In addition, all purchases made AtMemoryLane.shop, will receive a 4.4% refund on your purchased item.
--- You also receive this 4.4% refund on any sale items in the AtMemoryLane.shop.
---Sometimes, I have items on sale in the stand alone shop (AtMemoryLane.shop) that I do not have in the etsy marketplace shop.
--- You can get to AtMemoryLane.shop via any browser.